Sunday, May 24, 2009

Randy's Story: Cheated on with a whore (part 1)

One of my close friends who I refer to as Randy on this blog and my old one is going through a tribulation in life that’s been a source of depression for me. About three weeks ago she called me over to come to Suzy’s house one evening. I thought it was unusual she was in town on a weekday since she has classes in the morning and finals were coming up. She was persistent about me coming ASAP which was a bit strange. If it was around my birthday or if I was getting married I would have suspected they were throwing me a surprise; however, the reason why she wanted to meet with me (and other close friends) wasn’t a reason to celebrate.

She didn’t say it to me directly. Shortly after I got there she got on her cell phone with an old friend of ours that was returning her call. She was making small talk “how’s everything? Are you still skinny? How do you like your new place? How’s married life?” After the answer to the last question she stated “Well I’m getting a divorce….....yea it’s pretty much a done deal.” WOW! so this is why she wanted me to come. It also explains why she’s still at her family’s house. I became very sad.

Let me give you a little bit of background. When we were in our young teens me and her weren't the closest of friends; we had somewhat of clashing personalities, but in the past few years we’ve become close and she's one of my best friends. Randy is a gorgeous girl a couple years younger than me. She’s tall, big bright blue eyes, and has a beauty mark in the perfect spot. She’s a natural-born fashionista who prefers designer labels, spoiled by her parents, and has a girly ditziness that a lot of people find cute. She’s also generally viewed as a “good girl”. She has a lot of sisters and an attractive mom and she's the only one out of them to choose to wear hijab.

She used to say she has to marry a guy that has money, and she definitely did that. Almost two years ago Randy got married to the young guy that was chasing after her. As the son of old family friends, she had known him since they were kids. As young adults he and his family were very persistent about their interest in her. He spent some time pursuing her, he was cute, she liked him, and he had a lot of money-a factor she admitted was very important to her. When she accepted, they got engaged.

She had a huge katb ktab party (which I missed), a bridal shower that looked more like a wedding, and her actual wedding was like a fairy tale with a guest list of roughly 1,000. I don’t know if I’ll ever attend a wedding that was that big and that talked about.

No comments: