Friday, May 15, 2009

An Expensive Month

May must be for money, cause this month is when I have to spend a lot of money. It's the month of graduations and getting ready for summer vacations.

Thus far there have been SEVEN graduates to get gifts for. Yesterday I went to a triple party, cousins who happened to be grads of my very small private high school out in the boonies. Although I was there on behalf of one of the girls (Suzy's little sister), I still felt compelled to get the other 2 gifts because I'm enjoying the entertainment of the venue, the DJ, the dinner, the cake, and taking home the party favors that all 3 girls' families contributed to providing.....so despite the fact I don't really know the other 2 girls it would just be plain rude to not acknowledge them.

The next grad party is tomorrow; it's for a girl whose parents got separated not too long ago. The mom and all the kids now live in a small apartment on very modest means; so ya3ni 7araam I have to be a little generous with her. The one after that is going to be a ladies only thing so I called to make a haircut appointment in time for it. All of a sudden only the $70 stylists are available for the times I want. UGHHhhh fine whatever!

If I get one more invite I'm going to fake being sick, I can't afford anymore. Coming up this week there's still a going away party, Suzy's birthday, and I want to invite people over soon for lunch or dinner before everyone goes away for the summer.

Is it just me, or is May truly an expensive month?

2 comments:

celebral seductress said...

i guess it's a coincidence that everything come up together at d same time... =)

Heather said...

May is expensive for me too! I think it must be just the nature of may or something!