Thursday, April 16, 2009

A Message to The Office Martyr


If you're the one at work that likes to create extra work for yourself to do all the while whining about how much work you have to do. If you like to constantly remind everyone that you're the first one in the office and you stay later than everyone else and even come in on days off. If you're constantly huffing and puffing and banging your head down on the desk. If you think it's your responsibility to redo other people's menial tasks in case they made some kind of mistake that your holiness can correct and the universe doesn't explode. If you spend time making and posting fliers on everyone's space that says things everyone is surely unaware of like "date papers", "correctly fill out time sheets" and "breathe air"....I have a message for you:

YOU'RE FUCKING ANNOYING AND YOU NEED TO GET A LIFE. SERIOUSLY, YOU'RE NOT A BRAIN SURGEON, YOU'RE JOB REALLY ISN'T THAT IMPORTANT!

Not only are you not so special, you should be scolded for your lack of efficiency.

I can't believe I volunteered to come in to work and help someone get some things done on my day off. I did it because I really didn't want to have to come in Monday and listen to this person whine about how he/she had to come in all by him/herself and do all this work because we're so behind and he/she works more than anyone else bla bla bla bla. If I don't come in now after I said I would I know I'll never hear the end of it. What's ironic is that it probably annoyed this person that I did volunteer to help because now he/she won't be able to play the office martyr on Monday-the life role he/she lives for.

P.S. I'm sure there will come a day when I'll have to delete this post....maybe soon

5 comments:

eshda3wa said...

if i were u i wouldnt have volenteered

they wana play they martyr .. let em

while u enjoy ur weekend

Heather said...

People like that are so irritating!

Hamza said...

thank God, I don't work with you. P

suha said...

lol i like this post it's so expressive and yeah people like that are annoying like work nerds

Anonymous said...

I hate the type of people you are talking about the one who thinks he is better than anyone else and resent your work even if it was a favour even if you did it cause you felt bad for the person and wanted to help him out to him or her I tell go screw a tree mate you deserve to be fucked up alone and hope every single mistake you do in your perfect world get exposed and you got slapped for it :)
Loved your blog by the way..