Saturday, August 15, 2009

Letter to my family and friends


The first thing you must know is that I love you! I appreciate your presence and I'm thankful to have you in my life.

I'm not going to be answering my phone, returning phone calls in a timely fashion, chatting with you on facebook, or texting for fun like we like to do. I'm not coming home in the near future. I won't be home for Labor Day or Thanksgiving and I realize I'm going to be missing engagement parties and birthdays. I'm sorry that I haven't openly extended an invitation for you to come visit like I normally do. I hope that you didn't get annoyed at me when I expressed that I can't have visitors this semester.

Please don't be annoyed at me and please don't think that I don't appreciate you. Understand that this semester is not only difficult, but also a critical one for me. I'm not talented enough to maintain my long distance relationships, my school social life, and my 22 credit graduate hours. I realize that for some of us we have gotten close over the past few months and my new attitude would make me seem like a bad friend, sister, and daughter...and maybe I am those things, but I ask that you be the better friend and try to understand what I'm going through and keep in mind that it's temporary.

Of course though, I have not forgotten about our girls' ski trip!

5 comments:

jaraad said...

Did you say twenty two credit graduate hours? This is insane! I recommend you don't do that. Good luck anyway!

asoom said...

Jaraad......I'm in pre-professional grad school thus it's not my choice!

All the health professions (med,dent,opto, pharm, etc) take like the same 10 classes a semester.

They say third year is a breeze in comparison. I just hope I can make it there.

kinzi said...

Wise choice, you have a lot on your plate. I'll be praying for you.

I assume that means not blogging much too. :(

Hamza said...

so this is like 3 or 4 months of seeing little of asoom.

good luck

KJ said...

Less internet clutter :P

Good luck!