Saturday, August 7, 2010

The Butterfly Mosque by Willow Wilson


I chose this book as my summer break book read after reading a short feature about it in Elle Magazine. The Butterfly Mosque is Willow Wilson's memoir. It's her journey from a liberal agnostic upbringing, to an interest in studying religions, to Islam, to Egypt, to falling in love. More than all of this to me it was about living a harmonious life where you can find room for all of the different parts of yourself. More than anything else it's a human story.

Her non-preaching, honest, raw, intelligent, and very insightful book made it such a refreshing read. I give this book 4.5/5 stars.

4 comments:

Spring Blend said...

Hey

i think it is an interestign and weird title...but i liked the story in brief....i am trying now to finish

" the monk who sold his ferray"

i really liked the book..a j ourney of a man to balance and improve his life like he never expected : )have u read it?

SprinG BleND ^__^

KJ said...

Thanks for the recommendation!

Anonymous said...

I think that's exactly what I need to be reading right now. thanks !

asoom said...

I'm curious to know what you guys think of it if you read it!